This Week's Foci: Movement
Interactions with Materials
- Q-ball's focus this week was definitely mastering the "release" movement. She was handing me anything she could get her hands on all week. She liked to play the game where we pass the same item back and forth to each other- over and over and over.
- Her new interest in books was very evident this week. It was one of the first weeks she would sit for extended periods (10-15 minutes) asking Daddy or me to read to her. Granted, she wanted to read a new book every minute or two, but it certainly shows an greater attention span.
- Favorite materials: walking wagon, books, tops to kitchen containers, blocks from her Daddy
Interactions with Others
- At a BBQ we attended this weekend, Q-ball was much more interactive with strangers- even playing games with them. Mama and Daddy were still in sight, but maybe we are progressing from super-stranger anxiety.
Interactions with Space
- She mastered clapping this week- she loves doing it!
- She continues to be a human pinball- moving in rapid-fire from one sight in the house to the next. She is quite noisy in her movements- breathing loudly and squealing or laughing to herself at times.
- She has loved bouncing/jumping up and down for the past two weeks. We've sung the "up and down" verse of The Wheels on the Bus quite a few times- she can't get enough of it.
Interactions with Life
|Who needs a shirt???|
- This was a "wonder week" for Q-ball, and I could certainly tell. Sometimes she was just a little more fussy than usual, but sleep was certainly out of wack some days. We had some 5am wake-ups, and some late bedtimes. Things just seemed a little off at times. But, I could tell she was experiencing lots of cognitive and development growth this week and the last- a lot for a little baby girl to handle!
- She learned to take off her shirt this week. A skill I'm sure I'll grow to love.