This Week's Foci: Movement
Interactions with Materials
- Interestingly, after Q-ball took her first step, she hasn't touched her walking wagon! After being the center of her attention for many weeks, it has just been sitting in the corner where she last left it. I guess she knows that she can do it on her own!
- Daddy taught her to put magnets on the refrigerator, and this has been quite exciting, although a little frustrating at times.
- Favorite materials: books, wooden car with pull-string, shoebox, small silicon "prep bowls", balls, magnets
|Tasting is still my favorite way to explore!|
Interactions with Others
- She continues to be increasingly comfortable with others- visually exploring new folks and usually going and grabbing their legs. But, she is still hesitant to be picked up by someone new.
- She loves saying "hi" and waving- occasionally at a person, but typically at a car or other inanimate object. It seems that she does seem to know that "hi" is said when going to a new place or seeing something (although not someone) new.
Interactions with Space
- She's walking! It's still crazy to see, but she has gotten quite far.
- She is now practicing holding objects while walking and moving them from place to place.
Interactions with Life
- Sleep was still pretty tough this week. Learning to walk is a 24-hour a day job.
- Eating solids has returned to normal after a resistance during illness. Blueberries, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, and any kind of diary are favs. She has a sharp eye for cheese and will demand to have it when it is in sight.
- Her hair is getting so curly! It seems to have really started growing over night.
- I rarely discuss her personality here, but it is amazing to watch it develop. She loves to be part of jokes or to start a joke with an eye movement, peek-a-boo game, or funny sound.
To see the rational and purpose for the Watch Her Grow series, please check out this post!