This Week's Foci: Movement
Interactions with Materials
- After I mentioned last week that Q-ball had abandoned her walking wagon, she immediately started using it again. Now she focuses on maneuvering around chairs, tables, and corners.
- She still likes figuring out how to transport all her materials from place to place- whether with her wagon, baskets, or anything else she can find. I've found pieces of potato hidden in a treasure basket, a night light in the laundry basket, and all sorts of toys in her block box.
- Favorite materials: books, shoebox, balls, magnets, grass and sticks on the playground and in the yard, ball of yarn
Interactions with Others
- She actively plays games with the cats now (well, mainly the nice, fat one- the other's not interested.) She bases her actions on his reactions.
- She now seems to recognize and feel comfortable with her swim coach- actively moving towards him in order to get an opprotunity to go down the slide.
- She likes to play a peek-a-boo game with me where she "hides" behind my back holding on to my shoulders and then moving from side to side until she decides which side to pop out on.
- She loves giving Mama and Daddy hugs!
Interactions with Life
- We started combing her hair after her bath in a usually failed attempt to control her cowlick. With about two days, she started grabbing the brush out of our hands to try to do it herself. Amazing how quickly she catches on!